The best Team Composition will leave you with a satisfying victory and party members that you will never want to give up. When thinking about the right Team Composition, you either want to go all-in on Magic Damage or Physical Damage or split your Damage output between Magic and Physical. If you are having a rough time choosing, I have listed some of the best Team Composition that will keep that Party Synergy up and make your team unstoppable!
5. A Song of Earth and Fire
Use this Composition to send your enemies to hell!
The element of Fire and Earth is very powerful! You will be setting your enemies afire, giving them the effect of burned, conjuring up the Earth beneath their feet and causing significant physical and critical damage!
Why A Song of Earth and Fire is Great:
- With massive physical damage output, you and your party will deal significant Critical Damage to your foes!
- This Composition works well due to the mix of Fire and Earth damage.
- Also, with a Magick Archer, you and your team can work together to blow up surfaces and engulf your enemies in flames and poison!
A Song of Earth and Fire Details:
- Juggernaut: You are a warrior in the party that will use a combination of Geomancer skills for Earth damage and Warfare skills for Physical Critical Damage. You will be on the frontlines wreaking havoc while controlling the crowd to your will!
- Magick Archer: As you stay away from the main crowd, you will use your fire arrows to ignite the oil spilled by Terramancer and Juggernaut! You will also use Knockdown Arrows to get rid of your enemies!
- Battlemage: As a Battlemage, you will utilize Warfare and Pyrokinetic skills to keep your enemies in check! At close range, you will be able to do devastating damage and make life a living hell for the enemies on the battlefield!
- Terramancer: As a Terramancer, you will be on the front lines stripping away Physical Armor! You will be with the Battlemage using skills such as Earthquake or Whirlwind based on your enemy’s armor. Then you will be able to unleash Earthquake when your enemy’s Magical Armor is gone!
4. Split Party Damage
Control the Arena with a mix of skills that will leave you satisfied!
As a Split down the middle between Magic Damage Output and Physical Damage Output, this Composition thrives on being 50/50 with each. This is the setup I used! It is very efficient and kind to newer players! To have the most effective outcomes with this composition, you have to work well with your teammates, so read below to see how you can make that happen!
Why Split Party Damage is Great:
- With this Composition, you and your party will choose which skills to use to knock down an enemy based on their armor.
- This Composition allows both Physical and Magic Armor to be used, making you prepared for what the enemies can throw at you.
- With Magic and Physical Skills, you can mix and match so many combinations for the best builds.
- It gives newer players a better variety of skills to use and more room to experiment without reaping terrible benefits.
Split Party Damage Details:
- Terramancer: As a Terramancer, you will be on the front lines using Geomancer, Necromancer, and Warfare skills. You will be able to stand firm in front of your enemies and choose which skill to use based on their armor. As a tank, you will soak up a lot of damage, steal health from enemies, and be very hard to kill!
- Druid: As a summoner with buff skills, you will be the support of your team. With a mix of Necromancer skills, you will be able to have ranged physical abilities, but your main focus for this Composition is to buff and heal your party members. With many buff skills such as Peace of Mind, a Druid stands at a distance. However, as a summoner, you also have the opportunity to fight in the front lines!
- Magick Archer: Never underestimate an archer! In this Composition, you will be able to stay at a distance and pick your enemies off with all sorts of Elemental Arrows combined with Knockdown arrows. With Knockdown Arrows, you are helping your team skip an enemy’s turn and also rid of their physical armor! The ultimate combination!
- Necromancer Warrior: As Necromancer Warrior, you will be running in the center of the battlefield along with the Terramancer. Your job is to drain the life out of your enemies. You will be doing insane damage and will be the Tank of your party!
3. Physical Damage Party
Take out your enemies without hesitation as a merciless heavy-damage dealing tank!
Having an all Physical Damage Party calls for a very strategic playthrough! It is not recommended for newer players, as it takes a lot of understanding of the game’s mechanics, a solid knowledge of skills, and complicated strategies. However, if you do want to try and tackle this Composition, then read below!
Why Physical Damage Party is Great:
- It is considered one of the most powerful compositions due to the amount of damage it puts out.
- With access to Knockdown effects, you and your team will force your enemies to pass their turn, leaving more room for destruction!
- Magic Damage can be resisted, and Physical Damage cannot be resisted, meaning direct hits!
- You and your party will have a lot of Critical Chance allowing you to deal Critical Damage.
Physical Damage Party Details:
- Eternal Warrior: As an Eternal Warrior, you will be on the front lines dealing Critical and Knockdown Damage. You are going to be taking the hits, and eating away at your enemy’s Physical Armor!
- Ranger Summoner: Hanging back and making the Eternal Warrior’s job easier will be your primary focus. You will use your Summon to attack further-out enemies and help your Warrior strip away the Physical Damage of your foes!
- Blood Mage: As a Blood Mage, you will cast Necromancer skills at a range to add to the physical damage output. With access to skills such as Blood Storm and Grasp of the Starved, you will do an exceptional amount of Physical Damage. As a ranged mage, you could also add on healing skills to support your party!
- Duelist: Daggers will be your main weapon in this Party Composition. You will attack enemies from behind with Scoundrel skills and deal major Critical Damage with Warfare skills as you will be close to your enemies helping out your Eternal Warrior.
Are you ready to drown your enemies?
This Team Composition will do tons of Physical Damage and Water Damage. You will be able to freeze enemies, fight from a range, and get healed. While setting effects such as Chilled and Frozen on your targets will make them more susceptible to your water attacks! Prepare to drown and freeze your enemies!
Why Hydromania is Great:
- If you love to drown your enemies, then this is the Party Composition to you!
- Water is a great Synergy to Water since you can set chilled and chip off Magic Armor!
- Although this is a Composition focused on Water Damage, it also does a lot of Physical Damage, so you will have the best of both worlds!
- Frost Paladin: With loads of water damage at your fingertips, you will be able to freeze your enemies where they stand and then combat them with physical damage! In this team composition, you are set in the front, taking the hits, and chipping away at Physical Armor. Your task is to keep enemies away from the rest of your team!
- Magick Archer: Never underestimate an archer! In this Composition, you will be able to stay at a distance and pick off enemies with weak physical armor using Knockdown Arrows! You will be helping your team skip an enemy’s turn and also rid of their physical armor! The ultimate combination!
- Tidalist: As the rest of your party is surrounding the enemy in freezing cold water, you will also be adding to the water damage. Chipping away at Magic Armor and freezing your enemy is your task. Don’t forget to stay at a distance!
- Crystalline Cleric: Using water and physical skills, this build is very tanky and does massive damage to enemies. You will be taking the hit for your party members while drowning your foes in water! Your job is to set buffs, heal and chip away at Magic Armor.
1. Magic Damage Party
Water, Earth, Fire, Air. As a Magic Party, you will rule the battlefield with all sorts of Elements!
With the elements at your hand, you will be able to cast them at your enemies! Mixing fire with poison, water with lighting, and cursing the elements for a different outcome can really change the course of the battle! As a Magic Party, you will even leave many effects on your enemies that will chip away at their Magic Armor!
Why Magic Damage Party is Great:
- Mixing skills for the best outcome, or having a great Synergy, can leave your team extremely powerful when used correctly!
- Magic Skills will give you access to some of the best and most powerful Source Skills in the entire game!
- If you are decent at Magic Damage output, you and your party will master crowd control and end your foes!
- Most attacks are cast, thrown, and hurled at your enemies which means that they will have a very good range, allowing for you to hang back.
Magic Damage Party Details:
- StormChaser: Ever want to be an Aerotheurge Tank? Well, this Party is a step in the right direction. Jump in the middle of your enemies and use your Aerotheurge skills to shock the lights out of them! As a StormChaser, you will utilize Aerotheurge skills to stun your enemies and be on the front lines as major Crowd DPS!
- Tidalist: With this Composition, you will be able to make it rain, literally! You will output Water damage, making it hard for your enemies to stay dry! Surround the battlefield in knee-high water from a distance and deal massive Critical Damage. With the StormChaser on your team, you will be able to keep your enemies stunned and frozen. What perfect Synergy!
- Elementalist: As your StormChaser is doing all of the close damage work, it is up to you to hang back and cast elements from a high advantage point. You will be using three or more magic types along with skills that help you escape from tight situations. You will essentially be the Jack-Of-All-Trades, so choose the best elements for your team, hang back, and do some damage!
- Druid: As a Druid, you will be the summoner of this Party Composition. You will cast your Incarnate and buff him, making him extremely powerful to take down your enemies. Along with your Incarnate, you will also be buffing your teammates. As you do all this, you additionally have the task of hanging back and healing yourself along with your Party.
Most of these builds are inspired by Fextralife’s Team Composition Video, so if you would like to check him out, go here! Please do not hesitate to make your own awesome build! There are way too many possibilities out there that can be your own! Divinity Original Sin II Definitive Edition allows you to choose who you want to be!
Also be sure to read:
- Divinity Original Sin 2 Best Damage Builds [Top 5]
- Top 5 Divinity Original Sin 2 Best Party Composition
- [Top 10] Divinity Original Sin 2 Best Armor And How To Get Them
- Divinity Original Sin 2 Best Fane Builds [Top 3]
- Divinity Original Sin 2 Difficulty Explained - Which To Choose
- Divinity Original Sin 2 Best Civil Abilities
- Divinity Original Sin 2 Best Archer Builds [Top 3]
- DoS2 Best Companions - Who Should You Choose?
- [Top 10] Divinity Original Sin 2 Best Talents
- Top 5 Divinity Original Sin 2 Best Bow And How To Get Them
- Top 5 Divinity Original Sin 2 Best Amulets And How To Get Them
- [Top 15] Divinity Original Sin 2 Best Skills